It is Friday! Happy Fri-YAY everyone! What does that mean is for the blog? – Tips, Tricks, and Techniques. Today I have a Technique showing you how to make a Gate-fold fun fold card. This week we focused on the Be Jolly Stamp Set from the July–December 2021 Mini Catalog.
The picture above is our card for today. It is such a simple technique. It is a fun fold card with a twist. Stick around to learn how to make it. Let’s begin.
This is what you will need to make this fun fold card.
- On the Simply Score Board, place your half sheet of letter sized cardstock and score down the long side at 2-1/8″ and 6-3/8″ as shown in the first three pictures above.
- Next, using your bone folder, burnish along both score lines.
- When burnishing the second score line, make sure to hold the card together so the pieces of cardstock touch.
- Next, adhere the Heartwarming Hugs DSP to the front on the two panels you created. The dimensions for these two pieces of DSP are 1-7/8″ x 4″.
- Now comes the stamping. On scrap pieces of cardstock stamp the tree and the bird side by side.
- Color them in with Stampin’ Blends Markers in the colors of your choice. Color the background if you wish, as I did above for the sky and snow.
- Stamp a piece of Basic White Cardstock that is 4″ x 5-1/4″ in the bottom right corner with the bird and adhere the colored star from the Messages Die along with a scrap of DSP left over to this piece as shown in the picture above.
- Once you have stamped the sentiment adhere to scrap pieces of Real Red cardstock and trim to fit.
- Lay pieces on the closed card front to figure out where to put your adhesive on the back.
- Follow thesuggestions in the pictures above. Put adhesive only on one side of each piece as seen above. Secure the image on the left flap and the sentiment on the right flap as shown.
- Now when you open your card the pieces will seem interlocked.
Now try this Fun Fold card technique for yourself, comment below, and tell me how it went.
Please watch tomorrow as I bring you another Facebook Live Session. I will demonstrate another project. Feel free to comment below with any questions you may have, and I will be happy to help in any way that I can. If you want to see last Friday’s blog post showing the Split Card Technique, click here.
Don’t forget, if you put in an order ($35 minimum) by tomorrow, Saturday, November 13, 2021, by midnight, I’ll send you the make and takes from Tuesday and Thursday’s Live Sessions for free! (You’ll need the stamps, ink, and adhesive to complete these projects, but they will include all the paper and embellishments.) If your order is over $50, you’ll get all the supplies plus a free monthly gift from me!
Thank you for supporting my small business and ordering from me.
But don’t miss out, your order MUST be in by Saturday at midnight to receive both free Make and Takes!!
And you must use the Hostess Code.
November’s Hostess Code is D44RDF4U. Use it for orders under $150.00.
Using that hostess code helps me bring you videos every week and helps me provide the pdfs and gifts of appreciation. Thank you again for your support!
You can shop in my online store here.
As always, thank you for visiting me 🙂
I appreciate your comments and/or feedback and see you Saturday afternoon at 4 pm EST for Bonus Project Saturday Facebook Live Edition!
Thank you for supporting my small business!
See you next week!