It is Friday! Happy Fri-YAY everyone! What does that mean is for the blog? – Tips, Tricks, and Techniques. Today I have something to show you called Popping Pastels Technique. This week we focused on the Delicate Dhalias from the August – September SALE-a-bration Brochure.
The picture above is from yesterday’s blog post, where demonstrated the Popping Pastels Technique in my Thursday Facebook Live Session. It is such a simple technique and works so well with the Delicate Dahlias Stamp Set. Let’s begin.
This is what you will need to do the Popping Pastels Technique.
- With the spatula end of the Take Your Pick Tool, start scraping some color from one of the Soft Pastel Assortment sticks in your color of choice into a small container.
- Repeat with all the color you plan to use for your project.
- Stamp a solid image or outline stamp (I prefer solid image.), in Versamark ink onto your piece of cardstock.
- Taking the powder you created by scraping the pastel stick, rub your dauber in it to pick up color then tap the excess powder off the dauber into the jar.
- Tap the dauber up and down over the image you stamped until you see the image emerge fully. Rub lightly with a tissue to set the color and remove any excess pastel residue.
I challenge you to try this Popping Pastel Technique, comment below, and tell me what you think of it. Feel free to comment below with any questions you may have, and I will be happy to help in any way that I can. If you want to see last Friday’s blog post showing another Tip, Trick, or Technique, click here.
Don’t forget, if you put in an order ($35 minimum) by tomorrow, Saturday, September 11, 2021, by midnight, I’ll send you the make and takes from Tuesday and Thursday’s Live Sessions for free! (You’ll need the stamps, ink, and adhesive to complete these projects, but they will include all the paper and embellishments.) If your order is over $50, you’ll get all the supplies plus a free monthly gift from me!
Thank you for supporting my small business and ordering from me.
But don’t miss out, your order MUST be in by Saturday at midnight in order to receive both free Make and Takes!!
And you must use the Hostess Code.
September’s Hostess Code is JMAJC6TP. Use it for orders under $150.00.
Using that hostess code helps me bring you videos every week and helps me provide the pdfs and gifts of appreciation. Thank you again for your support!
You can shop in my online store here.
As always, thank you for visiting me 🙂
I appreciate your comments and/or feedback and see you Saturday afternoon at 4 pm EST for Bonus Project Saturday Facebook Live Edition!
Thank you for supporting my small business!
See you next week!