It is Friday! Happy Fri-YAY everyone! What does that mean is for the blog? – Tips, Tricks, and Techniques. Today I have an Illusion Trick to give the look of multiple layers on a card. This week we focused on the Peaceful Deer Bundle from the July–December 2021 Mini Catalog.
The card above is made with only one layer of cardstock. I will be showing you an illusion trick where I will show you how to make this card. I will be ink blending and then overstamping to give the illusion of multiple layers on a card. It is such a simple trick and pretty with solid images as I created above. Let’s begin.
The above picture shows the products and stamps I used to make the Illusion Trick card.
- First start by masking off a portion of the card front with two large post it notes.
- Using blending brushes, blend the colors you want to use onto the cardstock to get your area prepped for your images.
- Keep blending until you are happy with the amount of ink and look you wish to achieve.
- Stamp the solid images first. If you want to put a splatter dots on it to bleed the ink do it now.
- I used a small paintbrush with water on it to add splatter dots to my night sky.
- Next I stamped the other two images. These were not solid.
- I also stamped a small line stamp to notate the ground below the deer and bunny.
- Using a Stampin’ Write Marker in Basic Black, color in the line images to make them look as if they are solid.
- I colored each image a few times to get it as dark as I wanted.
- I even went over the solid trees to make them more black.
- Peel off both of the post it notes.
- You are left with a card that looks like it is multiple layers.
Here are some close-ups below.
Now try making your own Illusion Trick Card and comment below.
Tomorrow I will be live, Saturday at 4 pm EST, and will bring you a bonus project. Please watch tomorrow on my Facebook Business Page as I demonstrate a new project. Feel free to comment below with any questions you may have, and I will be happy to help in any way that I can. If you want to see last Friday’s blog post showing another Tip, Trick, or Technique, click here.
Below you will find the hyperlinks for the items used to make this card. You can purchase them at my online store by clicking on the item you are interested in. Thank you for supporting my small business. It allows me to bring you blog content daily and live free classes three times a week.
Tips Tricks and Techniques Friday Product List
Don’t forget, if you put in an order ($35 minimum) by tomorrow, Saturday, October 2, 2021, by midnight, I’ll send you the make and takes from Tuesday and Thursday’s Live Sessions for free! (You’ll need the stamps, ink, and adhesive to complete these projects, but they will include all the paper and embellishments.) If your order is over $50, you’ll get all the supplies plus a free monthly gift from me!
Thank you for supporting my small business and ordering from me.
But don’t miss out, your order MUST be in by Saturday at midnight to receive both free Make and Takes!!
And you must use the Hostess Code.
October’s Hostess Code is 6TTFZZJC. Use it for orders under $150.00.
Using that hostess code helps me bring you videos every week and helps me provide the pdfs and gifts of appreciation. Thank you again for your support!
You can shop in my online store here.
As always, thank you for visiting me 🙂
I appreciate your comments and/or feedback and see you Saturday afternoon at 4 pm EST for Bonus Project Saturday Facebook Live Edition!
Thank you for supporting my small business!
See you next week!